Monday, April 22, 2013

Spring Has Finally Arrived and I'm Still Here!

Photo courtesy of Sally Ann Rogers
It has been a long, cold and wet winter and spring is late in arriving this year.  So it has been several months since I was out exploring the neighborhoods and streets of DC.  The cherry blossoms were late, reaching peak just over a week ago, and even the forsythia, that early harbinger of spring, took its time.  The Boys of Summer have returned, still those early season home games at Nationals Park were a bit on the chilly side.

Now the trees are finally leafing out, the grass is turning green, and the tulips and other flowers are in bloom.  We had a couple days recently when the temperatures soared into the upper 80s, even into the low 90s, but it has turned cooler again, as if spring is not quite sure of itself.  I think I can safely say, however, that winter now seems to be over.

Time to hit the streets again!  I still have a couple months before I head off on my annual summer hiatus in Maine.  But until then, I have places to go and things to see, and I will be reporting on them right here.  So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment